Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's this flower? purple, five petals, hairy stem..?

It grows in my garden, has five green sepals under the five purple petals, and a hairy stem (although the leaves which grow in a whorl around the stem are hairless and look like vine or strawberry leaves). The purple-lilac petals have veins of a deeper purple running through them.





Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be (or even its family)? sorry I haven't got a digital camera to take a picture of it!





ps. I live in Cornwall in england--fairly warm climate.

What's this flower? purple, five petals, hairy stem..?
Possibly in the Geranium/ Pelargonium family. I'm in Australia, so I'm guessing;http://www.floridata.com/index.cfm This site may help.



skin disease

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

lilac Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting