Saturday, October 24, 2009

Over two years ago I planted some beautiful purple morning glories. Now they have invaded my garden, bushes...

What can I do to get rid of them? I realize that I tore the vines down too late %26amp; the seed pods broke %26amp; "re-planted" seeds everywhere. Each summer as the plants started to emerge I'd pluck them as fast as I could, but there was just too many! I don't want this problem next year. They grew over my lilac bush, my tomato plants , other flowers.....

Over two years ago I planted some beautiful purple morning glories. Now they have invaded my garden, bushes...
get some preen and follow the directions on the label...preen prevents seeds from germinating so dont use it near where you want seeds to sprout..make sure you put it down early in the growing season for best results





it will not work on seeds that have already begun to germinate..only on the ones that haven't so dont be surprised if a few here and here still pop up





also you can spread black plastic and anchor it with rocks, mulch or anything to keep the plastic in place and in the summer when the temps get high and the sun beats down on the plastic that will kill the seeds but preen is your best bet from my own personal experience
Reply:As you know they can be quite the problem the best thing I know is to pull, pull, pull all the new shoots and plants as they come up and don't let them reseed again you will get them all in time this next season if you pull them before they produce the seeds.



beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

lilac Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting